Nowadays, our bodies are virtually always exposed to all kinds of toxins and pollutants. From the food we eat, from smoking, drinking alcohol or soda, these are a few toxins that we all endure. Our bodies work hard to kick those harmful toxins out of our system. However, as we age, our body’s defense mechanism slows down. This is where juicing can be very beneficial! Drinking juices – especially from green veggies – can detoxify your entire system and get rid of toxins in your body.
What is juicing?
Juicing is basically the process of liquefying solid food and drinking it. It’s not the usual juice you buy from a grocery store. Furthermore, juices made with many ingredients are a great source of nutrition. You can literally get the nutrients of 1 apple, 2 carrots, 2 kales, 10 strawberries, and half a bag of spinach in just one glass-without having to eat it all. Nobody really has the time to eat half a bag of spinach, thus juicing is the option to get a quick nutrition fix.
Who is juicing good for?
- People who want to lose weight.
- Active people who need more energy or a boost.
- Those who have acne or want clearer, brighter skin.
- For people who simply want to detoxify.
- Someone who suffer from tummy issues or irregularity.
- Those people who get colds or sick often and want to stay well.
- The people who do not eat enough fruits or veggies in their daily diets.
- Individuals who suffer from insomnia.
The great benefits of juicing
- Mental clarity
- More energy
- Clear, glowing skin
- Weight loss
- Thick shiny hair and nails
- Better digestion
- Alkaline (balance body’s pH= no disease)
- Bulletproof your immune system
- Happy, rejuvenated, refreshed, and great sense of well-being
What can I juice?
You can basically juice anything. Here are some of our top picks:
- Berries (Cranberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, Strawberries)
- Melon (Watermelon, Honeydew, Cantaloupe)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Bell Pepper
Here are some very important tips to keep in mind when juicing:
- Boost your juice with Elite Protein. By adding Elite Protein you’re getting a ton of benefits including protein to keep your muscles lean and strong. Elite Protein boosts your juice with 25 grams of protein per servings. Additionally, it has all vital nutrients to make a complete meal replacement. Featuring ingredients such as: Spirulina, Chia Seed, Coconut Water, Maca, Kale. Moreover, it mixes perfectly with almost any fruit, vegetable or herb you mix with it.
- Balance the fruits. Fruits are fantastic to juice. However, do not forget that they can be high in sugar as well. Only add fruit to add a bit of sweetness to your juice. However, if you are a huge fruit fan, aim for the less sugary fruits such as berries: strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Additionally, we also find carrots to help sweeten the juice as well.
- Help your body detoxify itself. Detoxing your body with daily juices is the same as unclogging your sink from gunk. Imagine the toxins in your body as gunk. As toxins are released from your organs, they need to go somewhere. That’s why it’s important for you to do one of the following techniques to help speed up the flushing process of toxins: 1) Exercise to sweat it out. 2) Drink a lot of water and tea so you urinate often. or 3) Sit in a sauna.
Start juicing today and see what healthy combinations you can come up with. Share your favorite juice combinations by leaving a comment below. Don’t forget to share!
Check out these Green Regimen Juice Guides:
- Best Vegan Protein Shakes for Weight Loss and Fitness
- Best Vegan Breakfast Smoothie Recipe to Welcome Spring
- Protein-Rich Blackberry Coconut Detox Green Smoothie